The Rules for The Blogger Recognition Award
Here are the rules, if you choose to accept (Please do):
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to them
First of all, It Starts With A Coffee, the blog which nominated me, is amazingly presented and written by the talented Rohit and Madhumita, to whom I want to express the heartiest well wishes and thanks for considering me worthy of this award. I was very very thrilled upon seeing the nomination, but couldn’t make a post for a month because of the immense study pressure. However now that I’m free, thanks a lot and congratulations to you too guys 🙂
Writing a blog is a newfound dream, about a year old. Before that I wasn’t even aware of the A-B-Cs of it. When I learnt that people write on the internet to showcase their talents and passions, be it writing or photography or painting or sculpting or tutoring, I decided why not? Rajib had already started his own blog, Neurofact, about neurology and I had helped in about 2-3 articles. So I decided to give it a shot. I was passionate about writing since passing the age of a toddler. Earlier, there were my diaries with fantasy and romantic fiction scribbled into it, most of them half-finished. By blogging, I figured I can now share that easily among friends and gather their opinion, improve on the matter. The theme was Lifestyle in general, though I myself live like an introvert, and this demanded not only standard writing but even better presentation with pictures and links. Yep, that’s how it began. Choosing the right website theme and arranging the site with menus accordingly took time and effort; it wasn’t built overnight. A million thanks to all the bloggers who frequented Vibes of a Calcuttan during that time and made it what it is today!
Keep this in mind, newbies!
I am kind of a beginner in the blogger business myself, but there are several things I’ve learnt, 2 of which are really essential to keep in mind.
- Original content wins everytime. You might wonder, what would people think, or if talking about something would make your first impressions go awry. Remember, we are all here to learn from each other, and how to better disseminate what we individually know and grow together in all sorts of knowledge and hobbies and passion. This is one platform where no one can stop us from being who we really are! So put your thoughts and talents out there, let the world see it, don’t go on showing the same recycled topic which everyone knows. If you want to make a remake, then make it your own version. There’s no substitute for the good amount of work behind writing a post.
- Read as many people’s blog as you can. Share your opinions, and gather what can be used to improve your next posts. Because blogging is only successful if every people in this community support each other. Follow the blogs you like, read their posts on Reader because it’s convenient. WordPress has given you all the facilities. Download the WordPress.com app and it becomes even easier. Don’t just assume that people will read yours just because your work is finished, no matter how excellent your post is. You have to regularly keep in check, share on social networking sites and improvise accordingly. It may seem a lot of work at first, but nothing good involves easy. It will get better with time, with followers, likes and viewership increasing every day. Collecting information and techniques is as much as important as coming up with new ideas for blogpost. Don’t worry, you’ve got this! 🙂
Only this morning I woke up to this amazing news and I can’t believe how far I’ve come. You’ll get there too, probably faster, only if you blog just not for the sake of blogging, but for the fun of it 🙂
15 nominations right? Here goes…..
Congratulations, my fellow bloggers 🙂 Tag this award to your blog, you have deserved it!
Once again, thank you everyone, especially Rahul and Madhumita! Have a good day! Cheers 🙂